Can It Get Any Worse?
I picked a bad week to have a bunch of things go wrong. I was supposed to attend a rally at a veteran’s hall in Washington Township, New Jersey. Nobody told me that there are at least two Washington Townships in New Jersey. This is worse than the Canadian Football League having two teams called the Rough Riders. (Saskatchewan Rough Riders and Ottawa Rough Riders [now Renegades].)
The following also happened this weekend:
- I ran out of gas trying to get from the wrong Washington Township to the correct Washington Township. I ended up missing my own rally. ”I’m Not Here at an Ahmnodt Heare Rally” might as well been th headline in the newspapers.
- My computer crashed – I am currently using my campaign manager’s old laptop (which is on its last legs.) It is a Windows XP laptop and the Service Pack 2 was never updated or installed. I ordered a custom-built laptop which I should get later this week.
- The water pipe in my apartment is leaking. This is bad news considering that my floor is concrete based and has to be taken out to get to the pipes. My bedroom looks like an astroturf football after a soaking rain.
- The Washington Redskins lost to the New York Giants 27-23 after taking a 23-20 lead with less than two minutes to go in the game. This especially hurts considering I now live in New Jersey about an hour from the stadium.
- No “Family Guy” tonight. It has been preempted by the NLCS between the St. Louis Cardinals and the San Francisco Giants.
Before you answer the question, please note that it was a rhetorical question. I am looking forward to debating tomorrow night (even if it’s the same way I had to debate the first two times and Albee Thayer had to debate in the Vice President Debate. You are invited to join me even if the other candidates don’t want you to join them.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.