I am undergoing a series of transitions in my life. The whole process should take a couple months. It could take a lot less time if things break my way. I am in the process of moving to Maryland. Below are the reasons:
- My parents are not doing well. My mother suffered a stroke and has yet to fully recover. My father becomes lost when he has to cook his own meals.
- Every time it was my weekend for custody of my daughter, I have been reminded that it is winter. This weekend is supposed to be freezing rain.
- Cigarettes are cheaper in Maryland. They’re expensive in New Jersey and I would need a loan to buy a pack in New York City. If I am doing business in Virginia, I could buy cigarettes for dirt cheap compared to what I currently pay.
- My business is slowing down here. Many small businesses are closing and few new ones are starting up. I do not know how I will fare businesswise in Maryland, but most of my current clients are set up that I can work from home with minimal trips back to New Jersey.
- Lottery tickets have a better payout in Maryland. Funds for the lottery in both states go towards education. I have always been someone who demands a good return on my investments. Since our children aren’t getting any smarter, the only other payout is winning on tickets. Maryland lottery tickets offers more winners than New Jersey does.
For those who are wondering about what the “sequester” talk is in Washington, I think I can make it easier to understand. The $100 billion in “spending cuts” means that government will increase spending by $100 billion instead of $200 billion. Programs will be cut so the government can continue to spend money on projects that benefit their friends.
I hope the transition time is short. I miss blogging and campaigning. Have a good weekend from the entire Ahmnodt Heare for President campaign team!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.